Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer | TBI Lawyer | Brain Injury Attorney | Head Injury Lawyers
BRAIN INJURY LAWYERS
PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a victim of an accident that caused detectable brain damage, then you and your family are trying to deal with the realities of everyday life. Accomplishing easy every day tasks such as grocery shopping, balancing your check book, cooking, tending the garden and even washing the car are now chores that seem almost impossible to complete. Depending upon the severity of the brain injury it can be debilitating or hardly noticeable. In either situation, it is compensable and you need a brain injury lawyers to to protect you and your family and fight for your rights.
What is a Brain Injury?
Any injury which results in organic changes of the brain or the cognitive functions of the brain is classified a brain injury.
What are the Different Types of Brain Injuries?
There are three classifications wherein traumatic brain injuries can occur.
- Open Head Injury or Trauma - This brain injury is the most obvious and usually results from an acute blunt trauma, or impact, to the skull. A skull fracture is also usually present.
- Closed Head Injury - This brain injury is subtle in development. It also usually results from a blunt force trauma to the skull.
- Brain Atrophy - In the last three years there has been a lot of medical research devoted to proving that a person who suffers from a diagnosis of chronic pain syndrome for at least six (6) months will experience a shrinkage (atrophy) of the size of the brain. This atrophy results in an organic change to the gray matter and then further results in cognitive changes.
What is a Brain Injury Lawyer or Traumatic Brain injury Attorney?
In its basic sense, a brain injury lawyer is what is commonly known as a personal injury lawyer that has handled and developed a personal injury case where the injured client (plaintiff) has suffered the effects of a brain injury.
Why select a Brain Injury lawyer Over A Personal Injury Lawyer that Has Never Handled a TBI?
The answer is simple. The development of personal injury claims usually involves the personal injury lawyer dealing with a treating physician and that doctor is usually a chiropractor or orthopedic surgeon. These doctors are regularl
Without being facitious, the answer to this inquiry is a "no brainer."our settlement and future related expenses absolutely depend upon the ability of your brain injury lawyer to make others understand the severity of your brain damage.
Our traumatic brain injury lawyers respect brain injured victims whose lives have been shattered by a traumatic brain injury [TBI]. Persons who have suffered brain injury remain gifted, thoughtful, discerning and resourceful -- but something has been lost; something has been stolen; life is now a constant struggle. Those who now depend upon others, or on machines, to maintain their life; and those who will never walk again or live life on their own, need legal representation.
Loss of consciousness is clearly a sign that the brain has suffered an insult in an accident. If you have been in an accident and you suffered a loss of consciousness or concussion, it is essential that your personal injury attorney makes sure that you are properly checked out for a possible brain injury. By definition, a brain injury is damage to the brain that results in any loss of function, loss of mobility, or any loss of feeling. Traumatic Brain Injuries can result from a closed head injury or an open head injury.
Closed Head Injury: A closed head injury occurs when the head violently either hits an object or is shaken so violently that injury occurs. The object does not have to penetrate the skull or result in skull fracture.
Open Head Injury, Open Skull Injury or Penetrating Injury: An open head injury or penetrating injury occurs when an object pierces or fractures the skull and either enters the brain tissue.
Organic Brain Injury Lawyer
Organic brain injury is sometimes very subtle and, therefore, the diagnosis is that much tougher. It may require extensive neuropsychological testing as well as extensive interviews both with the patient and the patients close family to document subtle changes in memory, speech and behavior.
Chronic Pain Syndrome Resulting in Organic Brain Trauma
A relatively new area of organic brain injury is when someone did not sustain an injury to the brain, but, because of a serious injury to another part of their body, they have developed chronic pain syndrome. It is now medically accepted that there are organic changes in brain atrophy that can be demonstrated upon MRA or MRI. The patient must have a diagnosis of chronic pain syndrome for at least six months. Only an experienced brain injury attorney would have the working knowledge to get the right doctors for you since this is such a new area of brain injury.
Symptoms of Brain Injury Include, but are not limited to:
- Loss of simple movement of various body parts (Paralysis)
- Inability to plan a sequence of complex movements
- Loss of spontaneity in interacting with others.
- Loss of flexibility in thinking.
- Persistence of a single thought (Perseveration)
- Inability to focus on task (Attending)
- Mood changes (Emotionally Labile)
- Changes in social behavior
- Changes in personality
- Inability to name an objecr (Anomia)
- Inability to locate the words for writing (Agraphia)
- Problems with reading (Alexia)
- Difficulty with drawing objects
- Inability to focus visual attention.
- Difficulties with eye and hand coordination.
- Defects in vision (Visual Field Cuts).
- Difficulties with reading and writing.
- Difficulty in recognizing faces (Prosopagnosia)
- Difficulty in understanding spoken words (Wernicke's Aphasia)
- Short term memory loss
- Increased aggressive behavior
- Problems with balance and movement
- Dizziness and nausea (Vertigo)
- Sleeping difficulties (Insomnia, sleep apnea)
- Loss of ability to walk. Dizziness (Vertigo)
- Slurred Speech (Scanning Speech)
- Inability to make rapid movements
In the most serious cases, a traumatic brain injury victim can succumb to coma, vegetative states, or death.
Brain Injury Victims Have Hope
Our clients' best interests are our first priority. We will work meticulously to win compensation to provide victims with access to the best treatment, therapy, and rehabilitation resources available.
For skilled, aggressive legal counsel and representation after a car, industrial or catastrophic accident, contact our team of brain injury lawyers to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
We also make home visits available by appointment, we are always available to meet with you and serve your needs.
We will talk with you directly.
We will tell you what we can do for you.
All consultations are free and confidential.
Please call us now